Join our crew
Museum Administrative Assistant
Tahoe Maritime Museum seeks an enthusiastic, organized, customer service-minded person for the position of Museum Administrative Assistant (MAA). The MAA reports to the Executive Director and helps with all essential functions of the museum, including day to day operations, membership, and special events. The MAA is often the public face of the museum and needs to greet and assist all constituents in a friendly, professional manner. S/he must be a quick thinker with good problem solving skills and sound computer experience.
• Manage services of the admissions desk, including ticket, membership, and retail sales; and visitor information
• Help with ordering, stocking, and inventorying the museum retail store
• Maintain all member and donor databases
• Prepare general correspondence and all membership mailings
• Maintain the museum’s website, and manage social media outreach
• Office and clerical duties
• Assist with special events
• Provide support to all museum staff
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree, or have three years previous experience in a related non-profit, retail, or administrative assistant position. We are looking for someone who will be passionate about our boats, the lake, and the local community, and be willing to share that passion with our visitors. This position is full-time year-round; and the schedule is Wednesday through Sunday. This is a non-exempt position, $12 p/h with benefits including holidays, PTO, and limited health insurance reimbursement.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Museum Administrative Assistant Search, Tahoe Maritime Museum, P.O. Box 627, Homewood, CA 96141. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
No phone calls please. While we would like to personally thank everyone who submits an application, we will only contact those candidates who are selected to interview. Tahoe Maritime Museum is an EOE.